Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Runway Models

As I have written about before, weight issues are something that I have a heart for. It's not because I am too fat or too thin or have struggled with weight before, I think its just because I care about how people feel about themselves and I know the pressure we all face to look a certain way. The fashion industry is something I find very frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I love fashion and part of me dreams of being a designer...but its the models that bother me. I'm sure not all runway models are way too skinny, but many are. Why is it that the 'standard' size of runway models seems to get smaller and smaller? I'm not trying to blame the models themselves or put this on them, I'm sure they face a tremendous amount of pressure to be thin. I can't imagine what these girls go through