Monday, October 15, 2007

Homecoming

Last week was homecoming week at UNI, and ended with the big game on Saturday. This was my last college homecoming...but sadly it didnt really feel any different than any other week. Friday night they had something called the pride cry, where different groups make up a song/skit and perform in front of everyone. Its kind of a fun time to get everyone excited and pumped up for the homecoming game. Afterwards there were fireworks, which was a really great display this year! Last year they shot them off WAYYY too close so it was a little hard to enjoy them as the cardboard and debris fell on us! Hah I guess they learned their lesson.
I was bummed that I didnt get to go to the game. Tickets sold out at the beginning of the week and I didnt get a chance to get one. Instead, Jake and I watched the game on his TV. What a game! We won by 6, but it got a little too close for comfort there in the last seconds; but UNI held on and still remain undefeated! Hopefully I will be able to make it to the next home game!